Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sewing Bee Saturday

I love Sewing Bee Saturday. Once a month we load up the car, pick-up a few friends and head to another friend's home for a day of sewing.  We rotate who's home we go to, bring a dish to share, bring something for show and tell  and sew all afternoon. 
As I loaded up the car this little guy talked up a storm to me. 


When we got there Susan shared with us what she has been working on - paper pieced.  Fun!


OHneat ... an antique quilt!


Mary's quilt is coming along nicely.


I had show and tell -a dress I made of fabric my sister sent from Italy. 


Then it was time to eat!  You have probably heard that sewing and quilting bees have great food and it's correct!




Another of Susan's creations...you know those Dollar Store birds you can pick-up? Well, she likes to alter them.


Diane is cutting out some new pajama pants. 


Judy is embroidering a square for a quilt her church makes for foster kids. 


Daisy was working on a quilt her sister drew and she is embroidering. 



My mom was cross-stitching a tablecloth. Such work!



Diane settled in with counted cross-stitch...whoa. 


Alethea is sewing her first quilt!



I crocheted a bit and have a quilt ready to be quilted tomorrow.




It was a very fun and relaxing day.  We talked a lot, sewed a bit, ate some great food, and number one, we came together as friends.
Oh, and definitely laughed a lot!! Gosh, I love these ladies. 


As we left we peaked in Susan's office at another of her creations! Fun!


Tea kettle is whistling. Time to settle in for the night. 
peace


No comments:

Post a Comment