Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Organizing canning, donating hats

This year we are purging and organizing!
I have a problem. We have no storage, no garage, no basement and little closet space. Our barn and new room will go up this year but for now I need to do something.  My canning is all  over the place.  I need to make it one place so I know quickly what I have.  I have some here in the spare room in the bookcase. 


I have a pantry full of canning... (oh, and don't buy that canned crap meat... it is nasty). Now, I do have some of my own canned chicken that is splendid, if I do say so myself - smile. 


And I have some in the dining room shelf.  It is just a mess! So, I need to make one central place for my canning, my canning pots, supplies, my empty jars and whatever else, so I can find everything easily. 


So I started cleaning out the spare room "closet" and asked Dude to make me some shelves. We were using this room for storage. Our thinking lately is, if we don't use it, get rid of it. 

Yep, it's a mess too.


But we got it all cleaned out.


Then Dude said we had to much wasted unused space in the ceiling area so he decide to do something about that today. For now, we are using what we have and spending as little as we can to get it done. 



That's as far as we got the last two days before work. I will keep you posted. 

We  have been knitting and collecting hats for the homeless. My sister and I did a few and were getting ready to deliver them to the Craft Box who will hand them out in Denver this weekend. It can get mighty cold in Colorado and we want to help in the little ways we can. Not all are fortunate to have a place by a warm wood-stove, we are.. so we give back.  The baby hats go to a different donation. 




Here's the classic we are listening to now. 


That's it for now. We'll keep you posted on the Homestead. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment