Saturday, February 8, 2020

Sewing day and more .

Today was a day for creating. Every month a bunch of get together to create and have a sort of sewing bee.  We create whatever we want. We inspire each other, we support each other, we talk, we laugh and we eat!

It was a gorgeous day after the snows we had this week. I was glad to get out since snow is due again tonight. 


It was gorgeous.


Judy was hosting this month and the drive was an hour away... well, it ended up being farther since GPS took me the long way down some old roads and some dirt roads but I got there. 


And when I did arrive a wonderful chicken and rice soup was waiting for me... us. 


It was topped with a mixture of cranberries and sage. Oh ...my... it was delightful!  Mary brought Iowa pea salad or seven layer salad (I can't wait to make that one at home), Daisy brought shrimp and chili sauce and my mom brought the dessert of chocolates!




Judy's home is decorated with all types of beautiful creations.  This is the fun part about being a creative spirit. 






After a wonderful lunch (I brought German sausage with strawberry jalapeno jelly) we got to work. 
Mom was making embroidered baby clothes. 


Wow! Mary was almost finished with her no problama llamas and needed to bead them .


Daisy was hand appliqueing a quilt block.


I transferred my next animal art quilt to a template and now needed to get the drawing on fabric. 


Judy worked on an adorable embroidered quilt block to donate. 


It was a very fun afternoon. 



They are the best!


It was beautiful when I finally did head home. It is always great to see why people love Colorado... we love our snow, especially on a Saturday. 





Long's Peak was getting the snow that was predicted to come our way.  I loved that it was warm and in the high 40's F.  Our dry weather makes it feel warm. 



Dude worked with his horse all day and loved it. 


The lambs said hello before I headed in the house. 



Time to get settled in for the night. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment