Thursday, February 6, 2020

A rustic bread, what am I reading and Dorochia update

Homesteading and winter give me visions of warm crusty bread.   Aprons on and hands dusted with flour with kitchen islands cleared off and made welcome for bowls of rising dough.

There are two recipes I am thinking of … one is of 90 min dinner rolls. I used to make these a lot when I had hungry boys to feed.  Now they are all grown and with families of their own I haven't made them much. Snow is due again this weekend and the crockpot will be full of pork to be converted to barbeque pulled pork.  Buns will be needed to hug these little delights. These will be made tomorrow.

But first  a rustic no knead bread made in a Dutch oven. I love my Dutch oven. This is where I started this morning.  It is easy and quick prep but needs 3 hours to rise.  I found a quick video HERE and thought I would give it a try.

Was it easy and did it work?  The simple answer is yes and yes.  I think mine would have risen higher if it was such a cold day and since I went out to run a lot of errands I didn't have the wood stove continuously going.  Other than that I love the way it turned out.



I will make this bread again... and again... and again. 

What are we "reading" ?

Listening to while making bread...


Here's a Dorochia update...



peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment