Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Snow day , sewing and card making

We got a bit of snow and we both love it. We prepped yesterday making sure we had our firewood in and dried, 5 gallon jugs filled with water in case the power goes out (you can't flush a toilet without power), ready made foods available, candles, hand sanitizer/baby wipes, toilet paper (I have a fear of running out) and made sure the animals all had fresh bedding, food and water with warmers... oh, and Dude made sure there was plenty of coffee (note for me... tea is getting low, smile)  Power stayed on and all was well. The highway did close. More snow is due Friday and Saturday, we are prepared. We got 8-10 inches of snow but the drifts were one to two feet in areas. 




Dude worked clearing the porches and walk-ways to the barns. Then he pushed snow with the tractor.


Norman had been out almost two hours with Dude but I made him come in. I was concerned about his feet freezing. He thought otherwise and cried watching Dude outside. Dude loves being out there and was out all day, mostly riding in the warm tractor and then shoveling.


I got working on cleaning the house. We are hosting Thanksgiving.


I moved all the tea, cocoa, instant coffee and cereals over to a station I created.  Dude likes an occasional pop so I moved it there too and out of the way.  The whole thing  hidden in a pocket of the room and out of the way.



Then I had a ton of catching up to do with sewing and crafts. Okay, I could live to be 100 years old and never be caught up!

I got all the squares done on the scrap quilt and hope to get the sashing done tomorrow. There are nine squares. White sashing will go between the squares and the border is a light green.


I did get some cards made. 

Ten cards made from a kit. 


They are 3D.





One of my grandson's birthday is tomorrow. I am glad I froze some cupcakes. They just need to be frosted. He will be 3 and wants pink and purple cupcakes. (He is a fan of Peppa Pig)

I don't think he will mind the wrappers are Halloween. *smile*



Tomorrow we will get the Thanksgiving dinner cooked . Dude will cook a local ham and one of our chickens. We want to be able to just enjoy our time with family on Thursday. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment