Friday, November 22, 2019

Drying apples and gift bags

It has been a while since writing here. I have been posting everything over on Facebook.  It was quick and easy but I was constantly online. So, here I am again.

I have an abundance of apples. Since I can't eat them quick enough, I have decide to dry them. This brings a memory of a couple of years ago when my sister was visiting and we were drying apples. Her grandchildren loved them so much they ate them all within a couple of days.
We do use them for snacks but we also use them throughout the winter for baking or adding to hot cereals.

I use an attachment on my mixer to peel the apples. They were all peeled in 10 minutes. Long gone are the days of lining up my sons to wash, peel and core apples by hand. Boy, did they hate apple season, especially when people would leave bags of them on the porch.


Don't they peel lovely?

 I soak them in lemon water so they won't brown as I continue to cut apples. 


They chickens loved the scraps. 


They are ready to go on the trays. 



I powdered them with cinnamon. 


Five trays ready to go in the dehydrator. 



They turned out so good. 


The rest of the day was cleaning, taking care of house plants, making dinner and making gift bags for Thanksgiving. These were from a kit from Paper Pumpkin and they give you so many extra supplies that Sunday I plan on making more gift boxes on the Cricut and use the extra supplies from here. It made 6 bags and we have 12 people coming for Thanksgiving.  I will probably fill them with nuts and dried apples.



 Peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment