Saturday, November 23, 2019

House plants tables, dinner, and a crochet project.

I made the mistake of leaving my Thanksgiving shopping until this morning. I thought if I went early in the morning I would avoid the crowds... wrong. Everyone else had the same idea. At least, it is done. 
I brought in some old coffee tables from outside for houseplants.  I covered them with plastic tablecloths I bought today. 


I have one that needs refinished that my Dad made over 40 years ago. I saved it for another family member until they could pick it up but no time to refinish it for now. 


So I brought it indoors too and covered with a plastic tablecloth. 


Yep, I left a space for more plants. 


Don't throw away the bags from the tablecloths. I recycled them for small sewing projects and crocheting. (otherwise I am always missing a bit or piece I really, really need)


Dinner tonight was squash , salad and eggs. 


Salad was lettuce, apples, pomegranates and goat cheese. 


Spaghetti squash baked at 425* for 45 minutes. Then tossed with butter, pecans and dates that had been sautéed .


I have to admit that I was surprised my meat-eating husband enjoyed dinner. 


My grandson has a beach trip in the future so I made him a lanyard for his luggage. If I make it again I will need to use a thinner yarn. The pattern (from Crochet Crowd) is not difficult but was a struggle since the yarn was thick and the hook so small. The how-to video was short, so I thought it would be quick but for me... it took a few days... smile. Okay, there were times I wanted to throw it across the room... grin. 


Enjoy the rest of your weekend and if you are traveling stay safe. 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment