Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Light lunch before Thanksgiving Day

We did get more snow overnight. Today was cold and icy. 


It was nice to see all the green in the house with snow in the background. 


Someone enjoyed time by the fire in my Dad's old chair. 


I ate light today … the day before Thanksgiving. I made hummus.  It was the usual recipe of  drained garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic (lots), a bit of olive oil, lots of lemon juice, salt , pepper, and hot sauce. 



Here's the cool part... this my last garden cucumber and one of the few lasting tomatoes!


oh, and I chopped up one of our homegrown onions too!  Topped with fresh cracked pepper. 


Lunch! Delish!


The rest of the day was clean , clean , clean while Dude shoveled a bit more and then off to the store he went. I make all the sides while he makes the ham and chicken. 
Now it is time to relax.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment