Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tuesday - coop cleaning, garlic planting, quick crochet and what am I reading

Yesterday we took a day off to get away and road to the mountains.  It was a gorgeous warm day... 70's on the plains and upper 40's F in the mountains.  Snow is due this weekend but for now, it is beautiful. 


We drove up to Breckenridge, Colorado. 



 It was a wonderful day together. 


We will be taking the Georgetown Loop Train sometime in the near future and stopped to get inspired. 

Today I went to the grocery store... well, a big box warehouse to get big stuff like laundry soap, softener, cheese, salt(which I found out they didn't have), coffee, and water. Dude went to return the plywood we just bought... wrong size. 

Later I got garlic ready for Dude to plant (he wants straight rows, I roll my eyes). Dude planted 66 cloves of garlic today.


We giggle because when I got home Norman only uses his dog door to see who is here. 



Next up I need to clean the three bird houses.  We have 30 hens right now.  While I opened up the coop to clean the boxes and living area they girls decided it was a good time to go exploring. 


The cats thought it was a purrrrfect day to sun themselves.




I kept cleaning.  They will begin laying any day now. 


All  the manure goes to the compost pile. We had two wheelbarrows full. 



Ahhh sooo clean. 


Next the bird house... nice and fresh. 


They love to come in to inspect and toss the chips around where they would like them to go. 


Ready for egg laying. 



The hens see their coop is all clean and off they go to arrange the chips and inspect my work. 



Made some fall dish cloths.



What I am reading. 



Time to frost and decorate CAKE! 
peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment