Friday, October 4, 2019

Garden update (there is always something going on) and how are the chickens?

I had to rush around getting my chores finished because I am heading to a forest get away to create and sew this weekend. 

There is a threat (keeping my fingers crossed we don't have it) of a frost. This time of year is bitter sweet because we still have a lot of vegetables but it could all go south in an instance with a frost or freeze. 

I picked a bunch of cucumber but still left a few to grow.


The mums in the greenhouse are beginning to bloom. 


The cucs I left to keep growing. 



I picked a few pumpkins and left a lot to continue to grow. 



This is what gives me worry... all these tomatoes still growing. 





Roses are beautiful. 


I picked some zucchini but they are still going strong. 


I picked a lot of tomatoes. I will spread these out to continue to ripen and in a pinch put them in a paper bag to hasten the process.  They will also be great baked, as relish and fried! 


The chicks are all doing well. These are the youngest. 




These are a few months old. 







I made a quick survival snack for Dude while I am gone... Rice Krispie Treats.



peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment