Thursday, October 3, 2019

Garden, sewing from the past, quick craft, house update and quick snack

We have been blessed with very nice weather.  I did cover the tomatoes last night. We got down into the 30's but did not freeze. Here's what's going on in the garden. 











We still have a lot of tomatoes, especially Romas.




Next week I need to get caught up on the garden.  We had a lot of fires to put out this week and help family that put us way behind.  Salad garden needs to be planted and garlic.

This week we finished up at my mom's house (she is now in a Senior Living Community)

I learn embroidery when I was a child on these squares.  I asked my mom if she wanted them to finish and she said no. So, I am going to do them. She said she started them in the 1950's and each of us children learned to sew with these. 



Today's quick craft.  



House update:

Dude enclosed the back porch to make into a mudroom. This week he added a recycled window, next is the doggy door and siding. 





I am heading to a quilt retreat this weekend and needed to bring a snack... I had pretzels and drizzled them with melted bark and added autumn sprinkles. Waited for them to harden and jarred them up. 


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment