Sunday, October 6, 2019

Fall Quilt Retreat 2019

Colorado Quilt Council was giving a retreat with a workshop by Barbara Beasley. Her work, as you can see from below, was incredible and fun. 



We arrived on Friday at the Hide Away Retreat Center in the Black Forest just east of Colorado Springs. The weather couldn't have been any better!




There were trails for us to walk when we needed a break from sewing.


My threadsisters taking advantage of the many rocking chairs available.

 We did take time for walks and talks during the weekend.


And evenings by the fire. 


Barbara gave a lecture Friday and the workshop began on Saturday. She is a wonderful and patient teacher. 




I was excited to begin on my rooster project.



Yep, that's me getting started. 


Here are some of my classmates' work. 









Me and my threadsisters with our projects. 


I still need to give my project a background but I think I got a lot done for the weekend.  Once I got into the groove of how to assemble (I did quit cussing after an hour or two) it began to get fun and I can't wait to try this technique again. It wasn't hard, I just kept making the same mistake over and over again in the beginning.




In another conference room were those who wanted to just quilt and sew the whole weekend.  You could hear machines humming and laughter from the quilters. 







At each meal there was a handmade gift for each of us.

A tissue holder...


A jar opener...


Darling reindeer bells...


A business and credit card holder...


Microwave bowl holder...


Zippered bag...


Those who came not for the class but for the pure love of sewing had their show and tell time.

Here are some of them. (sorry some are blurry)















We said goodbye for now or at least until the Spring Retreat. 



peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment