Wednesday, September 4, 2019

A little homesteading ... a little crafting...

My walk with the dog brings beautiful things. 


Feeding the chickens I spied the guinea wanting to become a chicken. 


It freaked the chickens out a bit. 



Good morning Prudence. 


The chicks are all doing very well. I sit with them each morning. They are beginning to get used to me. One is practicing her Angry Chicken look. 


Ugh... Weeding Wednesday... 


Here's what's going on around the gardens.








Craft time!  Yay!  I am making a Dragon book. 
I didn't have a real book to cut up so I am using one of those cardboard books. 

They eye is printed and covered in resin. Then molded with tissue and mod podge.
I found the directions on pintrest-Artful Musing.


Yep, those are egg shells. Next time I will make them small and use a larger cigar box. 


Covered in white paint.


Then black.


Gold paint.



And guilder paste.


Not bad for the first one. 


I need a drawer for the side and found a small box I could use and the spider as the drawer pull. 



I quick craft with a letter and leftover washi tape. 


Getting ready for a craft for tomorrow.  Planted bean cans black.


Oh I found the secret to making a better bean burger. Every time I tried to fry or grill them they came out a cloppy mess.  If you bake them at 350* for 10 minutes, flip them and bake for 10 more minutes they turn out burger-like!




On Wednesdays I go to one of my son's homes and bring dinner.  Tonight is a foil dinner. 400* bake for 30min. 


Toss before baking in oil with spices of oregano, parsley, garlic, paprika and salt and pepper. 


We will craft too - smile !
 They will go in the oven as soon as I get there. 

Here is a quick craft I made a year of two.  A vine wreath spray painted black, a black boa, skull, skeleton hands and a headband with a small black top hat. 




peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment