Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wednesday ... dinner, wool and what's going on with the garden

I had three goals today to get done before noon and heading to work in the city ... make my dinner to take to work, work in the garden and card wool.  Score! Mission accomplished.  Plus I was able to go out and play with the sheep for bit. 

Dinner I made a Jamaican type baked fish. 


I wanted to make shrimp but we agreed we have so much food to try not to buy anything for two weeks... we had cod, so fish it is. 


It turned out great. 


I carded some of my wool from our Rommeldale lamb. 



Got two rolags done to get things going. Winter isn't here but when it arrives I want to be spinning. 


This year gardening was so frustrating . Yes, the greenhouse did well  and our squash and pumpkins that we plant late in the year.  But parts we planted like all the grass seed , new plants, and vegetables like peppers, onions and tomatoes (our type of trinity) were destroyed by weather.  We got hammered time after time this year with hail and draught... devastating.  I kinda gave up and threw my hands up in the air. I wouldn't have survived homesteading in the 1800's out here like my relatives.



As you can see it is a gorgeous day. No jackets required. 


Ugh, look at this "garden" … horrid.  Looks like the Addams Family graveyard... uh, garden. 



But after reading a bunch of gardening books from the library I have a spark of hope.  I removed the parsley from the outside garden to the greenhouse so I can beef up the soil during the winter with compost, leaves, manure and soil. 



The little bit that we have in the greenhouse is doing great. 



We will go through the cabbage today and remove any not doing well. 


 I went in the storage container  this morning(the kind that comes off a train) and found Dude had sorted and got rid of a lot of stuff. He is getting ready to sell stuff we no longer use.  Always a great way to make money but this was a lot of work.  He also went to therapy for his shoulder,the library for me and burned some trash.  The dog was lucky to have a walk too. 

We are closer to the weekend. Hope you had a great day. 

peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment