Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Beer Bread in the Bread Machine

I love homemade bread. We used the bread machine whenever possible.  We need things quick and easy and even though, it takes time for the machine to make the bread... it is a quick preparation.  I am on my third bread machine... we used the others to death.  

We are considered high altitude even out on the plains here in Colorado.  I do use high altitude flour.  Using beer may sound odd but it aids in the rising of the bread.  So, we keep a six pack in the pantry for bread and... yes, even soups. 

Here is the recipe I use.  You can add olives or cheese for a different flavor. This is just a good overall  sandwich bread. 

Ingredients:
 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup beer (we live in Colorado so I use Coors - smile)
1.5 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons sugar 
3 cups of flour
1 package dry yeast

I have listed them in order of how I put them in my machine.  Yours may be different so check.
Set to white bread, medium on color of crust, 1 pound and begin. 

It turned out great. Dude has eaten almost the whole loaf. 



                                                                                peace

No comments:

Post a Comment