Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Cranberry Sauce


Cranberry Sauce … people either love it or hate it.  I love it.  I could eat it year round and do.  I decided to make a bunch of small jars so we don't waste a lot and anyone who likes cranberry sauce can take some home.  This recipe is from someone at work, Will.  He shared it with me a few years ago. It is quick, easy and turns out every time. 

8 cups of cranberries... or two bags
4 cups sugar 
4 cups of water.

Mix together over heat.  Cook until it boils, let boil for 5 minutes.  Then simmer until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. 

The recipe said 15minute but with my altitude it took 30 minutes. 

Put in a water bath for 15 minutes.

I love hearing the cranberries pop as they cook not to mention how beautiful they are. 





We are including many other canning goods from this year.  Orange marmalade, strawberry jam, pickled cucumbers and okra from my sister, The Major, aka Pat, and pickles from my niece, The Sailor, aka Christine - carrots and cucumber spears...ohboy!


Dude had made deviled eggs. 


And ham already.


Early in the morning the homegrown turkey will go in the oven, wrapped in local pepper bacon.  

Salad with cranberries, apples, walnuts and homegrown lettuce will be made. 



Dude is making the stuffing and mashed potatoes.  I will make the green beans, blackberry pie and Watergate salad. 

Family will bring the rest. 

We are so thankful for all who take an interest in our homestead.
We pray all those celebrating American Thanksgiving has a safe and wonderful day and yes...

peaceful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment