Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sewing and Craft Day

The day began with my 5 year old grandson calling at 7am to tell me about a Halloween craft he made. That inspired me to get going on the holiday myself!

We all went to breakfast (my sister and her husband are visiting) in a town about twenty minutes away. After coming home, the men went there way... to buy hay, chicken feed and whatever other animal feed we need and the ladies had a sewing and craft day. 

I had some old ratty blankets that I was going to throw away and then decide to make a new pillow for the dog. I had some lavender upholstery fabric to use for the outside of the pillow that I had gotten at a farm auction. 



My sister, in the meantime, was busy making placemats. We did giggle because we didn't know her choice of backing would ….melt ! 



We got a good laugh over that one!

A quick break to the store to get a new iron and we were back in business. 




The dog approved of his new pillow. 


I made some pumpkin muddy buddies. 



And made a witch wall hanging. 


My sister made more of her placemats. 


Then I got a wild hair to make something to go with the witch. I fired up the Cricut machine and got to cutting out paper and vinyl. 


My sister got her four placemats finished... gorgeous!


I got my sign finished.


And our snack jarred up. 


A productive and creative day. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment