Sunday, September 9, 2018

A day of visiting, finishing projects and getting ready for winter

Busy day today. It was a day of visiting, finishing projects and getting ready for winter.  It started with prepping jars for canning beans. I had all kinds that I wanted to put in the pressure canner. Azuki, Navy, Garbanzo and even Mung beans. 


Zucchinis were picked. 


Pumpkins are looking good. 


Lots of butternut squash growing. 


Eggs washed. Plus there about 30 eggs we found that the guineas had hit. I threw those away.


Then we went to our work picnic. I wish I had gotten pictures of the adult sack race. It was hilarious!



On the way home we stopped and saw one of my grandsons. He was ready for football game.


Then we came home. Dude need to rest.  My sister and I got busy. She is finishing hand stitching this baby quilt. So adorable.




I started my sewing my shirt while beans were in the canner. 

My brother-in-law started stacking our wood for the winter. Tomorrow they head home to Texas. You can follow them at Brubaker Farms on Facebook.




The canner was filled and hissed away. 


Dude even got out there and worked with his one good arm.


Nice job.


I will keep working on the blouse while everyone watches the game.  The pressure on the canner is now coming down and I will have the results to show tomorrow 


Oh, and pay a little attention to the peanut gallery. 


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment