Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It was one of those days...

It's a full moon and it is pulling some odd force around me.  Okay, it's not but here was my wild day...




It was one of those days... yeah, those days.  I had my list like have every morning. Today's was easy...  Exercise, hang my witch wall-hanging I had just made, weed the herb garden, and order seeds.  Exercise and ordering seeds were easy - done.  

Hanging the wall-hanging was fine … until I went to get off the stepstool. I twisted just right and my foot got stuck. I don't usually wear shoes and this time when I did, my foot got stuck in the rung and I went flying off the top of the stool.  I found that yelling whoa, does not help you land on your feet. I scared the dog so bad he wet the floor and ran for  the door. I was a bit bruised and my pride tarnished but otherwise I was fine. 

Next out to weed the herb garden...I didn't get too much done when I looked down and found a … chicken head. Yep, that's all, just the head... no body, no feathers, no guts... just the head.  I wondered if the prairie dogs I am constantly fighting  were practicing voodoo in my garden against me.  Ugh... but realistically figured it is an owl.  I was done there and went to the greenhouse. 

Ahhh, much better...


I stopped to say hello to Gracie who was enjoying a dirt bath.



In no time it was time to head to work. I commute an hour. It was way longer today … two of the three lanes were closed. 

I finally got to work and saw this... dare I go walk under it? 


I shouldn't have walked under it … Five of my eight member team (plus one on vacation) called out sick! oiy 

My new plant holder was waiting on my desk … with his head lopped off. I had accidently hit him and his head fell off when he hit the desk. 




Later, I went to listen to calls with my team and as I went to go back to my desk, a cord was wrapped around my leg and I went flying … along with my cup filled with pop and ice. What a mess.

We are lucky to have this beautiful breakroom that is rarely used... I used it!



You don't know how happy I am glad to be home and ready to start a new day tomorrow! The homestead is my happy place.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment