Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Wooly Wednesday, What is Dude up to, All Veggie Wednesday Dinner and more!

Wooly Wednesday … I worked on my first wool scene by felting. Hmm not sure if I have totally figured it out yet. 


A little mountain scene.


Hmmm did I over felt it? I will wash it by hand see if it calmed down. ugh


My mom needs newborn caps to go with the layette sets she is making. So, I got to work making hats. 



We are having turkey egg omelets for dinner. They are the speckled eggs. 


My sister gifted me this wee container plant. Seeing her container garden this past weekend inspired me to plant a few containers. 



I hope they do well.  Excited to plant more in small cups. 


Dude has been working in the greenhouse. He says he doesn't have to pay to go to the gym to get a steam room effect. 


A few carrots left and then we will plant again ...yum!


The spring mix continues to take off. The more we trim the more it grows. 


Beets are full of joy and yummy goodness. 


Tomatoes!


Our first year growing celery. Go, go, grow!


Pickles, okay cucs and zucchini beginning to grow after the third time being hailed out! (yes, we only planted this much so we didn't jinx ourselves with more hail - smile)


I picked a few beets for dinner. 


Dude also got started on splitting wood for the winter. I made him stop and come in from the 98* heat. I will help tomorrow... I like doing this. 


Of course, he had help today. 


The guinea hen got off her eggs for a bit. I prayed she was not abandoning them. 


Twenty minutes later she wearily came back to continue sitting on them. Poor thing, I only raised four not 21!  Hopefully they will hatch soon. 


Her family is always close by keeping an eye out for predators. 


Dinner from the garden. We used the whole beet for dinner , tops and all. 


Spinach and onions for the omelets. 


Sautéed beet tops with onions, garlic in olive oil with salt and pepper.  At the end drizzled balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. 


Then we cracked our turkey eggs. They are large and the membrane inside was thick. Turkeys only lay eggs 4 months out of the year and our little visitor is going to town giving us eggs in exchange for free room and board. 




Cooked them up, topped with our spinach plus onions and tomatoes and cheese.


The turkey eggs turned out super fluffy with a mild taste. 


I cooked up a bunch of edamame noodles(they have 24 grams of protein) and topped with the sautéed beet tops - the lemon juice really helped. The beet tops were strong before that. 


Roasted beets with the last of the broccoli and onion. Added olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Roast 400* for 25 minutes. 


Dude ate and like everything except the edamame noodles... yay, we didn't grow those. 


I am finishing the hat during tv time(movies from the library), start another  and I did get more fabric cut out today. Yippee for days off work.

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment