Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Canoeing, avocados and carding wool

We got out a few things from the pantry today...salsa for our tacos, sunrise marmalade for our breakfast and grape juice we can each year from my mom's grapes.  We made a soda with the juice, ice and club soda...good stuff!


While Dude fed the animals I quickly cut up more apples to dry.  Yes, the others are already gone...fun to each while watching television. 


Then it was out to the lake to canoe. I love to canoe. It was a gorgeous morning and I knew I wanted to get out before the afternoon rains.  You would think with each storm we had it would be tropical here. It's not, it is dry and the storms are quick and angry with lightning, hail and thunder. But our morning was beautiful. We spent two hours just enjoying the water.


These guys were cool to watch , fishing with their bows!


This guy is so good to me. I was raised near the water and always love it. Dude was raised in the mountains and says only fish belong on and in the water but he humors me with going canoeing. 


This dog was great riding the boat, he is only a year old. 


Pelicans were fun to watch. 


Another calm dog...springer spaniel 7 years old that loves to paddle board.



The new hay bales at the park... so creative!


We got home, put everything away and took a nap while it lightly rained and loudly thundered. 

Then time to make dinner using these huge avocados I traded lettuce for yesterday.
They were amazing! I only used half of one!



Lettuce from the garden. 





Made a salad for work tomorrow. 


Clean the kitchen and got my wool out to card.  I am spinning with my sister on Sunday and I will need something to spin.  Since I am a beginner still I carded a bunch of different stuff. The gray variegated I from my lamb, a CVM Romeldale. The white is from a merino and the brown is alpaca.  




Time to settle in .  Dude is working with Norman our dog and time for me to read.

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment