Sunday, July 15, 2018

How we spent a rainy Sunday on the Homestead

I love cloudy rainy days and today was one of them. 

We started with chores, breakfast and workout. I am going to get fit without medicine.  My doctor gave me a medicine that I have been taking for 3 months to lose weight. I lost 15lbs. She told me I could quit the medicine if I wanted. I did (the side affect is constant nausea) and I gain back 10lbs!  So this weekend I quit peanut  M&M's, ice cream and upped the exercise to twice a day.  I still can't give up cheese... not yet! 


Anywhoooo, I began the day painting cans I have been saving.  My aloe is ready to be split ...again plus I am really into container planting. 


The rain did come and it was wonderful. It was a steady flow all afternoon... no hail, no tornadoes, just wonderful rain. 


The cool weather had us working the greenhouse today.


You can see with Dude in there where the tomatoes are about as tall as he is. 


I found a beet growing in the middle of the lettuce plants. 


Isn't she beautiful?


I picked a bunch of lettuce...not even putting a dent in the rest that was left.  Last year we had an abundance of cantaloupe, the year before it was spaghetti squash, this year it is greens. 


The beets say hello. 


Carrots are growing. 



The kitchen sink is full !


Some look like little bouquets. 


Midday I had a little visitor...remember the one in the cup for the dogfood? Well, here it is. 



Yes, Gracie eventually caught, played and ate the wee one. 


I got eggs ready of one of my customers. I wanted to surprise her with a couple of turkey eggs...heehee. 



Made a salad … all from the garden. 


Then headed out to the woodpile. I wanted to make my son a little gift. 


He loves going to the mountains so I decoupaged a piece of a mountain map onto a scrape of wood. 


I finished up more newborn caps.



Got my dinner ready to bring to work tomorrow, Meatless Monday, with canned beans from the pantry. 


I went to plant in the containers I had painted but found Dude had used all the dirt before I could get out there.  He planted cabbage for the fall. I can't wait !


This wasn't the sewing I was planning for but Norman's Pinky (the dog's pillow) was repaired. It may not have very more lives left. 



Dude brought in more beets for our juice in the morning. 


And he surprised me by making pork chops and twice baked potatoes for dinner to go with my salad. 


It is a chilly rainy evening and that calls for cocoa and a book. 


Who needs television? 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment