Monday, July 2, 2018

Drying apples , getting dinner ready and what was Dude up to today?

My time was limited this morning since my hours have changed to 10 hour days but only 4 day week at work.  I still had to get some things done. I sliced apples and as I sliced them I soaked them in lemon water.


  Then laid them on the racks to go in the dehydrator.


I made cinnamon ones and ...

Carmel apple. They were all finished by the time I got home. I don't think most will last a day, the way Dude is eating them. 


I made a salad for dinner... garden lettuce, apples, cheddar and bacon. Good stuff. 


Roast more broccoli and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar. 


I bought chicken thighs and cut up onion and peppers on the way to work . I put my salad in a tray of ice to keep until dinner.


Lined a crockpot, added the vegetables.


Then the chicken and a bottle of barbeque sauce. 


In four hours it was ready to eat.  It made the long day away from home not as long. 


I was glad it was still light when I got home. I was so proud of my baby turkeys using the roasting rod for the first time. 


Then a couple of little ones wanted some back scratches and kiss. Who could turn these faces down. 

Dude spent most of the day moving a huge pile of manure to the gardens that were destroyed by the hail. 




I found these two going for a long walk and coming home. 


Everyone was pretty happy tonight.. not too hot but just hot enough. 






peace

No comments:

Post a Comment