Saturday, July 14, 2018

A very hot Saturday...


I worked most the morning weeding the herb garden and Dude was watering the greenhouse and moving bags of dirt.  He is used to this heat.  I am usually at an office desk so cold I have to turn on my space heater... yes in the summer.  I was dripping buckets of sweat. 

The birds were all trying to cool off as well. The teenage turkeys stayed in the turkey house and didn't want to venture out. 



We welcomed a chicken in the greenhouse to take care of grasshoppers.  I was glad when she left an hour or so later... we might have had fried chicken for dinner. 


The large turkey was cooling in the shade. 


I found most of the chickens in the horse stall partying. 



Mr. Rooster thinks he is stunning. 


Yep, that's the dog's nose sniffing it's way under the stall … ymmm chickens!


I found a turkey egg in the corner. 


This poor girl only went to sit on the eggs when she saw me coming... it is hot out in the full sun. 


After weed and becoming overwhelm by the heat I came in to finish the last hat. 


I could see the horse out in the field with her pet hen. 



I went over to say hello and found another piece of ground hit so hard by the daily hail.  It was pounded!


Prudence and hen came to say hello.  With the hen standing next to her you can see how small our little Southdown Babydoll is. 



Molly, our Suffolk is the same age as Prudence and much larger.  She loves a good rub and scratch. 



I came in and finished the hat . 


Three newborns hats are ready for donation. 



While Dude finished off the angel food cake.


Smile. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment