Thursday, December 21, 2017

Winter Solstice of card making and sewing.


The last day of fall was a warm 60* yesterday.   I brought in wood to stack . It took a bit to convince Dude that I wanted to do it as part of my workout.  He kept insisting he would do it but I was able to bring it in. I like bringing in the wood and it was very low. 


The kindling. 


We found that the cardboard egg cartons are great fire starters. They help feed air to the fire to breathe life to the flames.


It's a start but I got a good stack piled. 



Our granddaughter got one last ride in before we have to take the two hour trip to take her back home. Whoa... it was a long day in the car.  Two hour ride down to her home was 2.5 because we all got to talking and missed the exit.... ugh.  Total of backside numbing  hours in the car? Almost 5 hrs. Let's just say it didn't end as chummy as it began.  We were glad to get home. *smile*

But we did stop at a cowboy stop for lunch. 



Today was the first day of winter and it showed - cold and snowy. 


It was the last day of my vacation and I crafted away. I needed a few more cards so I made them quick and easy. 
Just emboss.




Add some rhinestones.

And a bit of glitter. 


And let them dry. 


Then out to the greenhouse. Surprisingly everything was doing okay.  I picked more spinach to make my lunch and drink for tomorrow.


Then over to the sewing room to sew up this freebie pattern over at Pat Sloan's here .  The house was nice and quiet.


Until the cats wanted to sing show tunes... so.. Callie started with singing songs from Aladdin -  A WHOLE NEW WORLD --- and then 

Gracie wanted to sing songs from My Fair Lady... so we did.  *wink*

Callie cringed. 

Gracie pouted until we sang.  They were all very happy to be in from the cold tucked in tight in the fabric cupboard. They are taking a holiday from mousing. 





Time to get under a big quilt and read.

Happy Winter Solstice! 

peace 





No comments:

Post a Comment