Friday, December 8, 2017

Spring chicken equals winter dinner and remodel leave a dark kitchen

 Sorry the lighting is so bad on these picture but the remodel continues. When we put the copper roof on the house it covered the skylights. 

New lighting will be going in soon now that Dude is healed. 

In the spring we raise meat bird... chickens so we have meat in the winter. So adorable when chicks.

 
Here is one of our fat hens. 


It was thawed in the refrigerator and ready to be cooked. 


But first it gets a good shower and soak in salt water. 


The crockpot gets onions and potatoes. 


We stock a lot of barbeque sauce on the homestead, especially in years our tomato crop is not good.  It goes on sale for $.99 a bottle. I usually by 10 or so then to have throughout the year. 


The chicken gets covered in sauce.


A went I get home from work it is all ready and falling off the bone. Dude already had eaten a bunch.  Good stuff. 


I post a couple times a year the importance of having water, snacks and blankets in your car. The other night coming home from work there was an oil spill and accident shutting down the highway. I had arrived before the highway was closed. Almost two hours I was sitting on the highway. When I called Dude he said well, you always have sewing or crocheting, right? Well then, here's your time to work on it. So I did.  I got this monster scarf done. 


Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment