Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday homestead update -garden, kids, and horses

We have begun decorating for Christmas .  We put a small tree on the table so the new pup wouldn't be tempted but I think the cat is mocking him (or us). 


I am trying hard to turn around my eating habits.  This also encourages me to keep the gardens and greenhouse growing. This morning I went out to get some spinach for the morning drink. 


Added strawberries, plain yogurt, ice, and almond milk. 


It basically tasted like spinach salad but it was okay. 


Then time to exercise.  Our granddaughter worked the horses. 



The skies against the mountains are a little polluted lately.  Sometimes it get socked in and with so many people in Colorado lately, well, the extra traffic doesn't help. 


Someone is waiting for me to return from putting homemade Christmas cards in the mailbox.






Our chicken butcher also smokes his own hams... this is going in the crockpot for dinner. 


It was a very lucky day to see TWO grandkids.  I love see their excitement about Christmas.



Tonight we are Christmas baking - some recipes from the 1700's, some passed down and others from a box -heehee.
In between we will be playing board games. 
peace


No comments:

Post a Comment