Saturday, December 16, 2017

First day of holiday vacation

It took me a few days to get over being upset that Angelo is gone. I will always think of him... like tonight watching Harry Potter and the Satyr (half man, half goat) who saves Harry and shows him the dying unicorn... I yelled, look, it's Angelo.  I will always love Angelo.  To me, he always was sweet and only wanted a kiss. 


But let's start at this morning. It is the first day of my vacation. It started with feeding time. 
Wilbur has taken to wanting Angelo's morning kiss and a good back rub. 
Look at that face!


He waited for his feed but watch out... he will ram you for his food! I went to pour it in his bin but he rammed my hand and it went all over. 


Dude took care of the horses. Ick, they were all muddy from rolling around in the field. 



Norman helped me gather the eggs. 


The birds were loud as usual. 


Then off in a distance I saw our neighbor's dogs. Uh-oh they are on the loose. 


Wilbur and his pet chicken (wink) noticed too. Luckily their owners picked them up on the other side. 




Gracie came to help me with the birds. 



It was warm again today. There was ice in the pool to start the day but it got to almost 60* so I cleaned and filled the pool for the geese.


But they would rather play in the mud. 


The skies threatened to snow but it is holding off.  



Then I headed to the greenhouse to get some dinner. It is still holding on despite the very cold nights. 


Norman was having so much fun this morning he didn't want us to go indoors.


The rest of the day was spent running a few errands. (yes, one involved a quilt store!)



Then we slept. I am not sure why but every time I begin a vacation I sleep the first day.  What began as a quick nap ended two hours later... whoa! 

It was now late in the afternoon and we could barely get moving. Dude did go out and cleaned and brushed the mud off the horses.  Norman and I played around throwing the ball and fetching. 

We ended the night with dinner of one of our hens baked in the oven with summer green beans and a potato. 
Homesteading is great for books and movie watching ... the library is great for both. 
We watch Harry Potter. It was the first time Dude had seen it.  I love to read and it brought me back to when I read it to my sons. It is interesting, though, when different things intersect in life. The first book of Harry Potter is about the Philosopher's Stone.  They are trying to get the stone that once belonged to Nicolas Flamel , the stone that allow it's owner to live forever.  Nicolas Flamel was a real person who was born in 1330, died in 1418 but his tomb is empty. Today I am listening to the book with Dude by Michael Scott titled  The Alchemyst -The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel.  It is part fantasy, part mythology and I am loving it. Once again Nicolas Flamel has crossed my path... perhaps he is immortal indeed. smile

Sleep well.
peace



No comments:

Post a Comment