Monday, December 11, 2017

Quick post, using our can goods and finished a craft.

It is so fun and rewarding to use in the winter what you worked hard on all year... growing, harvesting, canning, drying and creating.   We got out some pickles, sauerkraut and some cookie mix I had made during the summer. Dinner was sauerkraut with leftover chicken topped with some of the strawberry jalapeño jelly. I know it sounds weird but it was very good. 

Pickles were a snack.


The dried peppers are so pretty in a half gallon jar. These are used in casseroles and soups....yum! (I put some in my eggs today)


Christmas cookies were made this morning with the mix.  During the fall I make at least 5 jars of cookie mixes. It makes life easy just adding eggs, butter and vanilla. 



Filled a gallon jar and then some! 


Look what I finished tonight after work.  He needs a boy to hug him.


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment