Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe craft and dry weather!

Today is the Feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
 From CNA 
"In 1531 on the Hill of Tepeyac in Mexico City, Our Lady appeared to Saint Juan Diego as an indigenous woman speaking in the native language Nahuatl. She asked Juan Diego to appeal to the bishop to build a church on the site of the apparition, as a place where the compassion of Christ could be proclaimed.

After the bishop demanded a sign, Mary requested that Juan Diego gather the roses growing on the hillside, despite it being winter. Collecting the roses in his cloak, Juan Diego presented them to the bishop only to have the image of Our Lady be miraculously imprinted upon his tilma."
I have been saving this material for a few years now wanting to make something special out of it. Last night I was cleaning my closet and found an old jeans jacket. I knew right away what I wanted to do!

I ironed it and backed it fusible webbing and cut it out. 


My jacket... nothing special. 



Then Dude called out to go for our morning walk.  It is so dry out here on the plains. You can see the mountains in a distance. They are getting some snow but it is definitely not normal for us to continue to no snow and temperatures in the 50's and 60's!


Norman is loving this weather. 


And our walks... even though he loves to get on the treadmill every morning, too.



Someone is disappointed that she missed the walk. 


Dude was working on the bird house today and wants to get the roof finished by the weekend. 


I went back to work on my jacket. I was determined to get it finished before going to work. I had cut out the fabric before the walk. I turned on the timer for 20minutes. I ironed on the fabric and began saying a rosary for my family while sewing. I used metallic thread sewing all along the edges. A miracle happened. I got finished before the timer sounded! 


I was able to wear it to work. 


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment