Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Prepping the car for winter, garden and zucchini bread

I am coming off a hard cold .  Tuesday we stripped beds, cleaned bathrooms, emptying trash and disinfected all door knobs. Germs have got to go!

One of the last batches of yogurt from our goats is being made today.  We will probably mate Peppermint, Nubian/Alpine in November or December and we will be back into the milk business.

September is preparedness month.  We have been known to get snow in September but I hope we don't.  Hope does not equally being prepared.  I do prep my vehicle for the winter months.  Check the tires, make sure the windshield wipers are good as well as I make sure the fluid is full. Make sure you have important phone number written down.  Storms could last for days and I have been known to not have a charger. Phone numbers could become important to tell people where you are.  I put blankets in the car, a bag of litter for traction, a small shovel, a change of clothes and extra stash of medicine and vitamins in my purse. I also have a stash of snacks and water. 

Feeling better I worked on the homestead before heading to work. Here's how this morning went:

Jarred up the parsley and chives.


Picked more lavender.


And dried it. 



Went to check on my teenage chicks to see if they were ready to join the chicken coop gals. 
Think I will give them a couple more weeks.



Peppermint Patty says hello. 


Angelo was too lazy to get up and say hello. 


Went and watered the greenhouse that I have been neglecting.



Next it was out to the squash patch.





Pick a few lovelies.


While I was outside zucchini bread was baking. 
I found a fun recipe here  minus the chocolate chips.  

Halfway through took out to add streusel. 



Hot out of the oven!


Just in time to hit the road and start the second part of my day at work. 

peace, health, and happiness




No comments:

Post a Comment