Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Milk goats head to a new home.

We said goodbye to two of our milk-goats yesterday. Pepper and Running were going to their new home. It is wonderful when you know the people who are getting your children, I mean, goats.  They are going to a wonderful family with kids who know and respect farm animals.  We traded for a pig. Because they respect and love their animals their pork is the best we have ever tasted. 

We said our goodbyes and they were loaded up in the horse trailer.



I think Angelo remembered his mama being taken in a trailer and he ran off and then turned around to watch. 


Mr Buttons, on the other hand, got so excited when he saw the trailer he came running and laughing all the way. Dang horse thought he was going for a ride.


He even put himself in the stall. 


We said goodbye. They were very calm but their daughter screamed and cried. We had Angelo sleep with her last night and she calmed down. 




Someone was a bit miffed that he was not going for a ride. 


Not a lot got done here yesterday. I worked and then took my mom, my son and his girlfriend to lunch. Time well spent. 

Today, canning grape juice from my mom's grapes. I need to find a place to plant garlic for next year's crop, making yogurt, plus I need to get a walk in (maybe watch 100- foot Journey doing the walk -it's overcast today) and then sewing time!
Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment