Saturday, September 3, 2016

Garden goodness and Dude gets creative with leftovers

Started the day with First Saturday mass, then home to make Dude's breakfast since he took care of all the animals this morning.  Breakfast was fried egg sandwiches with sun-dried tomatoes and Munster cheese on ciabatta rolls. Ohmy, it was good. 

Then back to church for an hour of adoration. It's a time where I have the church all to my self with the Blessed Sacrament (I wish more people went but they don't...yet). You know, they say God meets you where you are and He sure did for me today. The first time I opened up my Bible it was to the story of Jael in Judges.  I giggled to myself because Jael's name means The Wild or Mountain Goat.  After a bit of prayer I opened it up again and this showed up(yeah, I'm talking about the cat photo and caption) ... then I knew it would be a great day....


Came home to Pepper and her Daughter Peppy sound asleep together in the morning sun. Man, what a goat smile!



Dude gets antsy when he has a project in his head and this one was swimming around for a day or two. He couldn't sleep and was up early and at it this morning. It was left over stuff from a job he just finished. See these beams... it was from there. Yep, he built it... but on to the project he wanted to do today. 


He made this for his customer so she could put this outside. I thought it turned out great.... all in a day's fun for him.






Jarred up the parsley. 


I was drying spinach today. It's great to have around in the winter for soups, pasta, or ground up. 

The basil has been waiting to be trimmed so I added  our garlic, parsley and  made pesto.  We freeze this.  It is great to get out during the winter and put on hamburgers, pizza, potatoes, or eggs, really, whatever. It's good stuff.  (the house smells like a pizzeria )
3-4 cups of fresh basil
a handful of fresh parsley
cup of pecans 
3-4 garlic cloves
tablespoon of lemon juice
a healthy pinch of sea salt
cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of olive oil (I like mine thick. If you like it more runny, add more)
black pepper

Mix it all up in a food processor.  It's so good you will want to eat it by the spoonfuls. (if you do, check your teeth before heading out :-) ) 






Time to put some cupcakes in the oven, hot bath, put in a movie and get out the crochet hooks. 
peace, health, and happiness


No comments:

Post a Comment