Friday, September 9, 2016

Garden, Dinner, and What do we do with all that zucchini... here is a start.

I have been under the weather all day. 
But the homestead had to still be taken car of. It is one of my days off.
I headed out to the garden. I got the hoses set for watering and went to get dinner. 
Spaghetti squash looks go.



Dude made one of our chickens. 


...and steamed a spaghetti squash with garden herbs. 


Everything was delicious. 



While Dude was making dinner I attacked all the zucchini we have coming in. 
Zucchini Chips
I used the mandolin and slice zucchini. These were large so I did one at a time. 


Then shook Mrs Dash all over them, added a sprinkle of sea salt all over them, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Toss, toss, toss. 


These were so good I did eat a few raw ones while placing them on the dehydrator racks. I used all the racks today. 


There was a little bit of spices left in the bowl so I added some grape tomatoes that were on the counter. There are all going in at 135* for 10-12 hours.


They turned out light and crunchy like a potato chip.  I definitely will do this again. 



I still had more zucchini. 


So, that was all shredded. 



Bagged in one cup measurements and put in the freezer. Great in the winter months for breads, soups, casseroles, pancakes ...oh the possibilities!


I did begin a new baby quilt. It doesn't look like much now but just wait!
I will keep you updated. 




That's about all I could do with this head cold hanging on. Maybe more will get done this weekend. 

Hope everyone has a great Friday. 
peace, health, and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment