Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Canning, crafts and spinach salad that never happened

This is the time of year where I am canning almost every day.  My mom gave me some grapes from her garden.  She is a  good cook but an even better gardener.  When I was a kid she worked tirelessly in her garden and has even won awards.  I am so lucky to still have my mom who is going strong in her eighties.  This week she also is giving me cuttings from her grapes and I am so excited to have that legacy continue in my garden.  Today I canned grape juice. This is one of the easiest recipes ever. I can them in quarts.  I sterilize the jars, add a cup of grapes to each jar, add 1/2 sugar (sometimes I only use 1/3) and then add boiling water to 1/2 of the top of the jar.  Add sterilize lids and tighten on the rings. Next is just a water bath for 25minutes.  They are great and quick! 






Yesterday on our walk we saw a coyote. 


When we got home there was a hawk on our post screeching to another hawk down the fence-line. It let me walk to about a couple feet reach of him . Then Mr Buttons wanted to kiss him and he flew off but only to the next post.  We were so glad to see him because another hawk that came around daily die last week when it was hit by a car. (sorry the pictures are so bad, I only had my phone with me)


I did get some crafting done yesterday too.  I saw this idea on pintrest and thought I would give it a try. He needs a little more work.




Spinach salad that never happened. Did you ever have one of those days. You get everything prepared. 




Hard boiled the eggs and started frying the bacon. Then remembered I had the water on out front and needed to move it. Forgot what I was doing ... until I smelled the bacon. The bacon was burned and I couldn't find my hard boiled eggs. Dude thought they were new eggs I had wash and put them in the refrigerator.  There were 3 dozen in the frig and only boiled 4. We have no idea which ones they were after cracking a few.  We gave up. May try it all over tomorrow.

Today, I have a wee bit of a cold and a little under the weather.  No canning today.  Treadmill, card making and bathroom scrubbing then hit the road to work. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 
peace, health, and happiness



No comments:

Post a Comment