Friday, June 17, 2016

Gardening and dehydrating

We are beginning to get back to "normal" here .  Half a day on the homestead and working in the city.

Last night was card night. Not playing cards but  rather to make cards.  A bunch of us ladies get together once a month to make greeting cards.  It is a time to be creative and get caught up with what is going on with each other's families and to laugh! You always sleep better after an evening of laughter and friends.  Here was the outcome:




This morning I dried cabbage and made yam chips with the leftover spices of smoky paprika and onion salt.




Garden update: Today was to be hot and windy so I needed to make sure everything was watered. The trees we planted a month ago are doing great (hope you can see it)


Dude rototilled and added compost with goat manure to the front.  I planted varied sunflower seeds today in part of it.


Last year Dude thought the grapes died. I have been babying them every day. Dude said I was wasting my time but my time paid off . Both plants are making a come back (you can see how dry it is here with the cracked soil)


Same with the raspberry. He was going to rototill them under. Glad I saved them.


Books: I finished Anne of Green Gables. I had gotten this book for our granddaughter while she was visiting but she promptly told me her mom had read it to her already and only wanted books on horses. Yuck. I know many girls love horses, books on horses, movies about horse, horse...horses ...horses but I am not one of them! Anywhooo... I decide to read the book myself as a palate cleanser to the recent adult books I have read. It was refreshing despite the fact I want to yell at Anne every now and again to "shut up!"

This weekend I am making champagne jelly... a tradition of jelly I make every year from champagne not drunk over the New Year Holiday and lingering in the pantry.
.

Sleep well.

peace, health and happiness




No comments:

Post a Comment