Saturday, February 2, 2019

Seventh Day - Honoring Family and a Quick Crochet

Here it is … the Seventh Day, Sabbath, and today... Ground Hog's Day, Presentation of Our Lord, Candlemas and Feast of St Blaise.  Also a day of Family.  It was a fun day and a difficult day. 


You've seen the scenario before... an elderly person, selling their home and moving into a senior apartment or somewhere smaller.  We lived this today. Life is constantly challenging us and asking that we step up in life.  My  86year old mom took the brave step to take a leap in her journey to go to an apartment. She has never lived in an apartment.  Her house is becoming more and more empty.  We went today to get a few things for her new place and it here... a house she created into a home for 42 years, she realized,  will no longer be hers.  The burden was a bit much. I was scrambling to pack things quickly before we went to her Great Grandson's birthday.  I was in my own head when I realize I did not know where she was... I found her... alone... crying in my old bedroom where spent my senior year of high school.  It was too much for her.  

I know we will all get there.  We need to acknowledge and pay respect to those who raise us, who stumble at times but do their best to raise good and descent people. 

We took time to acknowledge the loss and then, once again, she rose and showed up.  We made to the birthday party. She didn't sit in a corner, feel sorry for herself or tell everyone her woes.  Nope. She danced, laughed and carried on.  Life does go on and we need to make the best of it. 



She grew up in a town not far from where she was leaving.  She is on the left in the picture below with her grandmother looking on at the door in the background.


Birthday time!  It was also a day to celebrate my grandson's birthday. 



She wouldn't think of missing it. 


He hasn't see this yet but I was able to crochet a crown for him today.  The pattern is over on the Crochet Crowd's page. Very fun, fast and easy. 



peace

No comments:

Post a Comment