Sunday, February 17, 2019

February garden, a carrot soup recipe, what I am reading and crocheting


February is time to plant seeds... some of them. Think salad garden. Despite being sunny outside it was also a cold 22* but in the greenhouse it was comfortable without a coat. 

We gave it all a good water today.



A good way to get greens in the winter is also by sprouting seeds. 




We used our carrots from the greenhouse to make soup. 



Dude even liked it but thought it was a bit spicy. 


I found the recipe here in the book Diet for a New World by Jon Robbins. 


We are learning to put up our cell phones and meditate each morning (shock, it was Dude's idea). 

We are reading more. I listen to a lot of books on CD. Reading takes me longer than most people but we are taking time each day to read, especially during these colder months. 

I finished these two today. 



Quick look of what is on my hook today.  A new scarf. I found this yarn at the Dollar Store. It is called Metallic, color Blue Steal and made of Nylon, Acrylic, and Wool making it very soft.



peace



No comments:

Post a Comment