Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Goals, winter planting and sewing

It is a cold and blustery day.  Last night the winds were brutal and even blew the stop sign on our corner down!

Goals - I am the type of person that loves to make goals and lists.  Last year I missed the mark on a couple of my goals for the year, like a trip to the east coast where I grew up and instead of buying two milk goats we bought two lambs. Otherwise, I did okay.  Here is what I made for 2019:


So I started the day!

Journaling… I love to journal.  I have a problem , though, writing anything negative. Here is a page from the journal...




Gardening in the winter... I worked in the greenhouse today.  I ran out in the cold but found the harsh winds had jammed the greenhouse door shut.  My cuttings were blowing all over while I struggled to get the door open.  Dude saw me from the window and came running to help . He had a screwdriver in hand.  He has had experience with this in the past.  I was in in a jiffy.  Ahhh, it was so warm in there. 

My son gifted me a coleus plant and I have already paid it forward with three plants from it and now these!


They root within days in water. 


I also rooted and planted rosemary from my kitchen plant. 



Began the day with orange and peppermint in the diffuser to get us going.  Later in the day the dehydrator was working on drying rosemary.  It is reported  to be good for memory and good for when you are studying. It is said to help with circulation and warding off evil spirits.  I don't know about that but we grow and dry it for the lamb we raise and topped on bread.  The house smelled like perfume to me... the kind I like. 


Creating time … I want new pajamas and cut out this pair. I love green. This fabric has been in my stash for probably 10 years. Time to make something of it. 



Recipe... was garlic soup. No, Dude, did not have any.  It is super simple and something I do to change it improves the flavor 100% - oranges.  It is a can of beef stock, a can of water, a whole head of garlic sliced, dried parsley, sage, and rosemary (all homegrown) and I added dried orange that I minced.  Heated it up and ate. 
I saved some for lunch tomorrow... I will need to remember to pack mint tea and my toothbrush or sit alone all day!



Recycle... we love when people give us their old cardboard egg cartons. Yes, we use them for our eggs, but better yet, they are great as fire starters for our woodstove. 


Towels are laundered and dishes done (teamwork).  Now, three hours of just reading and getting ready for tomorrow. 

peace





No comments:

Post a Comment