Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday homestead chores

We began the day figuring out which money challenge we were going to do this year. I found all these on Decluttering your life .com .   Really, you can get creative and make your own, such as doubling some of the numbers or doing the challenges backwards. 

We will attempt the monthly and 52 week money challenge. 




Next it was out to clean the chicken coop and greenhouse. The weatherman told us there would be hurricane force winds . When we went outside and found a warm blue sky day with only mild winds we decided to quickly get work done. 


I cleaned out the beds. We has one very cold night (below zero) when the greenhouse door blew open and everything froze.  Sadly, the cabbage that was left rotted. 


Dude cleaned out the coop and I  laid all the new bedding and straw down. 





Yep, look up and at the end … we had music blaring. 


The chicken manure and rotting greens were put in the compost.  The rest of the morning was spent chasing the dog from the compost pile.  He rather fancies a snack of chicken turds. ohNorman. 

We finished just in time for the winds to kick up and swirl around. I could tell if the wind was angry or simply having fun.

I am finishing reading a  book I got from the library call Survival Mom.   I rather like it.  Living on a homestead you are usually far from a city, grocery store and any quick facility for things you might normally be able to pick up quickly. 

I like her thinking , pretty much the same way we do and prioritize things. I like the lay out of the book with tidbits on the side of the pages and lists at the end of chapters to check off. 

Anywhooo… I recommend, 


peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment