Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Kids are made for gardens and a quick recipe

We still have snow on the ground from this weekend.  I woke up to see the wind had blown the greenhouse door open. I was concerned the winter garden had gotten frost bite or froze.  I would check it later. 


I decided to make some mini impossible pies before work. You'd be surprised what you could make with 2 meatballs, some Bisquick , a little bit of cheese and jalapeños

You take the classic Betty Crocker recipe of 
1/2 cup of milk... I used almond milk
1/2 cup Bisquick … I used the lite
2 eggs

Whip all that up. 

Then spray a cupcake tin with cooking spray. 

Fill them half way full. (this made 8) 

Then I sliced up a couple of meatballs, eight slices of leftover cheddar, and 4 jalapeños. 
 

Put those in the tins and put the jalapeños in half of them. 


Bake 375* for 20 minutes. 


They turned out delicious and I want to try a dessert one with maybe cream cheese and fruit. But for now I needed to get out in the greenhouse. 

Our grandson had arrived and was ready to see what was going on in the greenhouse. 


I was happy to see the garlic sprouting. 



Our own little sprout was planting seeds today - flowers and mustard greens.


Kids love dirt.  They love to plant things, see things grow and... 


pull things from the ground. 


After a morning of working in the garden it was time to head into the house. 

Someone approved of today's snack...


Next up... sewing.

I want to make this block this weekend. It is the first square of a 12 month quilt called IMAGINE by Nancy Halvorsen. 

Since I like to get a lot done in the day, I need to take this in bite size pieces. 

January

My goal was to trace the pattern and get it ready for the weekend. 


It didn't happen before work but I did get it done on my dinner hour! 


Little by little we get things done. We tackle a little here and little there and in the end it gets completed. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment