Saturday, May 19, 2018

Rainy day... chicken soup, what's growing and other stuff

It is a cold a rainy day but we love these kinds of days.  In such a dry place as we live, rain brings life. 

I began the day putting chicken noodle soup in the crockpot. 
It started with 6 cups of chicken stock, two cups of leftover roasted chicken, two sliced carrots, two sliced celery, a chopped onion, 2 bay leaves, teaspoon of thyme, minced garlic, crushed red pepper,  salt and pepper. 

Add it all to the crockpot. We will come back to it later to add noodles and lemon juice. 


We took a walk in the drizzling rain. The cactus are in bloom! 






The little lambs don't mind the rain. 


Second try at the greenhouse with new seeds and all is growing again... thank goodness. 





The mint is going crazy so I cut a bunch of it this morning. 




And hung it to dry. We use this for teas, the chicken coop, and much more. There will be many more cuttings. 


After a bit of tidying up I popped in a movie and began to crochet.  I needed new dish clothes. 


People give me stuff they find at their moms and grandmas that are no longer used. I love how old this one is. 
 It will be transformed to new dish clothes for me. 


In the end I did get three made.  I love these. All cotton and durable. 


Chocolate... check. 


Hard boil eggs to pickle tomorrow.


Headed back to the crock pot.  Added lemon juice, lemon pepper, homemade noodles and our parsley, heat for 5 minutes more. Dinner is ready.  


Served with toast, Dude loved it.  A slow day needs slow food. 


The rest of the night will be in front of the fireplace with a book. 


peace


No comments:

Post a Comment