Saturday, May 12, 2018

Foggy rainy day on the homestead - perfect

Dude took time off the homestead to be with his son today.  It was rainy and after picking up a few things from the store I had the place to myself. 

First I spent some time with our new lamb. She is a Southdown Babydoll ewe. Her name is Prudence. She is so tiny she fits under our new Suffolk lamb. They both will be used for breeding. 



I learned to make these today. I still haven't perfected them but I want to make a garland of them for Flag Day and 4th of July. 


Grin...yes, the red one was the first one.


 I found them HERE if you want to join me in making them.  They are very easy and go quickly. 

We had been given quite a few tomatoes recently and after sharing with many friends and family we still  have a lot. I like the way Dude stored them so they don't touch each other. 


So, I made salsa. 



Tomatoes
Onions
Jalapeños
Cilantro dried from last year
Tomato paste
Garlic - lots
Salt 
Pepper
Vinegar
Cumin Seed

I made it just in time... I opened the last jar from last year today. 





Salsa and chips what better way to build fellowship with others?  *smile*


I cut some willow to plant again since the dog ate the others. (ohNorman, the goal is to leave the world a better place than when we found it... not eat it!)  Thank goodness we put up a fence. 




peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment