Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Back from the quilt retreat, a leg of lamb and another recycle project.

We've had a lot going on and time to get back to what we do around here. 

I did take a long weekend to attend a quilt retreat.  It is so fun to get away and just sew. Food and beds are made for you .  All you have to do is sew.  Forty-three people came this year.  We were at the base of Pikes Peak with beautiful views of the mountain.  Here are some of my accomplishments for the weekend. 

Finished the other side of the recycled jeans. So I ended up with two aprons.  





My sewing sister (not related really) and I were tired by the end but very happy.  I am on the left. 

Now, back to the homestead. 

Dude made one of our leg of lambs...ohmy.   Just a simple recipe of lemon pepper, plus salt and pepper in a 400* oven for 2 hours.   It turned out tender with  no bite that folks worry about with lamb. Dude wasn't about to have a veggie day - smile. He sure ate a bunch of this leg. 


Remember this ? 


A friend at work brought this to me as a challenge to recycle. We laughed because I didn't know what came in it... anywhooo... I set to recycle it. 

Dude worked on drilling a hole in it.  I ended up having to hold it while he drilled. It took a little while but we got it. 


We made it into a wonderful Steampunk lamp.  The next one I make will have a shade on but I think this looks cool.  What do you think? 



Hopefully tomorrow we will post about what is growing. 

peace 





No comments:

Post a Comment