Friday, October 5, 2018

How to make a boy cornhusk and another plant cutting success

This is the season I truly adore. It is chilly, rainy and wonderful.  The house is ready for the wood stove to be lit.  Classical music is playing and nothing else in the world exists right now except for this little homestead.  It is so peaceful. 

Yesterday I showed you how to make a girl cornhusk doll. 

Today I made the boy to go with her. 


I started the same way I did with the girl...




Then separate the skirt to make legs. 


Tie at the upper legs ..


And bottom of the legs. 



Now they just need to dry out. 




There is a beautiful ornamental potato plant at work. It will soon be dug up and thrown away.  (my heart gasps with the thought)  



 I am constantly experiment with cutting and see what will grow at home.  So without fault or guilt, I took a few cuttings.  They not only took as new indoor viney plants but they bloomed!

I have a purple and...

green one.  *love*



Oh and yes, I did take some geranium cuttings too! 

I am determined to get my fall shawl finished with or without the help of the cat!



peace

No comments:

Post a Comment