Tuesday, November 9, 2021

What's in the dehydrator and crafts/snacks with the lads

 I am getting ready for a trip to see my sister later in the week. I suggested to my son that I may not make it on Tuesday for tea.  My grandson overheard and was very disappointed.  I told him chin up, plans are always changing and nothing is written in stone.  

I got up early and set out on a very chilly walk with Norman.  The rabbit that usually races Norman along the fence took a chance and ran in front of him to make a mad dash to his home.  The rabbit won.

 
I usually take him for two walks.  But I was late getting home and he made sure I knew he was disappointed there was not a second walk. Such a drama queen!  

The hot peppers I picked last week have been frozen, pickled and now, again, going into the dehydrator to be made into a hot pepper powder.  Makes my mouth water just thinking of it.  The house smells like a giant chili!



After getting ready for a craft class for tomorrow I did make it to see my grandsons. They were a bit out of control (smile) but crafting and food calm anyone down.

Craft time - A quick Christmas Ornament... boy friendly. (actually any child!) *smile*  I saw this idea on a fb craft group. I did hot glue the lid when they weren't looking. Supplies all from the Dollar Tree.  Here is their first ornament this year.






A few hours later (man, the time flew by!)  we made a fun snack... chunky applesauce nachos!  The applesauce we canned earlier in the year.
Layer chips, applesauce, whip cream and chocolate sauce. 
That's it!
Ymmmm!


I needed to finish packing and tracing out tea towels for my mom to embroider while I am gone. Plus tomorrow I head back to the grocery store we were in yesterday ... she left her cane. Oy.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment