Wednesday, November 3, 2021

We get our first fig , entertainment center finished -time to stain, and a new library book.

The last three days we celebrated and looked at the past with Allhallowtide... Halloween, All Saints Day and All Souls day. It is time to look ahead.  Homesteaders definitely are a stock of people who believe in the future.  I mean, planting alone shows we have constant hope. 

 We ate our first fig from our Chicago Hardy Fig tree.  After having other trees pulled up or run over with the tractor it was great to finally prove I can grow figs in Colorado!  I moved them last year closer to the house and babied the heck out of them with frequent watering.  The leaves froze last week but the trees still looked strong and today this happened! We share it... ymmmmmmmmm.



We are still going strong with the garden.  Salad garden is beginning to show. 


Plus...




Bringing peppers to share with friends tomorrow. 


Dinner was full of garden goodness! 


Rick did get all the trim finished for the living room, dining room and kitchen. The entertainment center is finished and just needs to be stained now. 



Lunch break to play bingo at the library. *smile* I didn't win but had a blast with young and old. We play once a month and we are all beginning to become "friends".  Two of them I learned got rid of their computers!  (and I thought I was cool getting rid of my apps on my phone! hahaha)


I found this gem at the library today.  I can't wait to try some of the recipes.  Grin - I put it on my wish list for Christmas. 


Wednesday chore - the living room.  Rick is still cleaning up all his carpentry mess so I began going through some boxes that have been collecting a lot of  "stuff" .  Plus, closed the Roomba up in our bedroom to just clean, clean, clean!  

Wednesday I also celebrate all things woolie and plan to crochet and create the rest of the evening. Let's see what I can show you tomorrow!  Tea Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment