Monday, March 23, 2020

Let's make a journal quilt - first step cutting fabric .

We are staying positive here during social distancing.  Here we keep busy with prayer, chores, exercise, reading and of course, crafts/sewing.  

I love to journal and read books about old diaries. Back in 2008 to  2011 I found out my sister had a terminal disease. We were only a year apart in age and I needed something to keep the positive going in my life.     She was fun, funny and the life of the party.   My written journal already had all the sorrow.  So, I decide to begin a journal quilt but had to record quick positive hits of my day.  It has been fun to read it all these years later. 

Now that we are practicing social distancing I thought I would start a new one of our time during covid -19.   Hopefully, we will look back on this time and think WOW, this really did happen.

Here it is. 


Here it is on a Queen size bed. Like a lot quilts it didn't get finished due to life going so fast. 


Here are some of the things I wrote.






It is a combination of blocks 4.5 inches.  I cut four sizes. 
4.5 x 3.5
4.5 x 4.5
4.5 x 5.5
4.5 x 6.5

I put them in separate bags as I cut up fabric that wasn't to busy and could be seen if written on. 



Since I, too am starting again, I need to get blocks cut. 

Let's start there. I will show more blocks later.  Tomorrow I will have the sewing instructions and then you can just sew and journal along. 

peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment