Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Journal quilt part 2 and we sheared sheep

Here is part two to making our journal quilt. 



Here are some of the old entries... my, how time have changed. 






Here we go. Yesterday we had the cutting instructions.  I picked a varied selection of fabric. 



It is a combination of blocks 4.5 inches.  I cut four sizes. 
4.5 x 3.5
4.5 x 4.5
4.5 x 5.5
4.5 x 6.5


Here are the blocks you need for one row.  



Then find your 23 blocks and mix them up, try not to have the same colors next to each other . Vary the sizes from your list above. 


Now we sew. Sew the 4.5 inch side to each block.  You want to sew it first because there is a seam allowance.  The first time I did this I wrote on the block first and then when I sewed it up parts of my words were cut off due to the seam. So, sew first. 


Here is the first row. 


Now let's do it again.


Sew it to your other row, don't pay attention to any seams matching. That's what makes it so fun. 

Here is the beginning of your quilt. Me? I am adding this to my existing journal quilt. 


Hope you give it a try and log your  thoughts, time, news of this time we are going through. 

Yesterday we did get our sheep sheared. 










peace



No comments:

Post a Comment